“ZAIA is a show that highlights dance, movement and aerial acrobatics,
soaring to the farthest reaches of space and human beauty. ”
Link to youtube video
By Cirque du Soleil
ZAIA is the most dazzling show ever staged in Asia. This brand new 90-minute mega-production brings together 75 high-calibre artists from all four corners of the globe.
ZAIA is the dream of a young girl who journeys into space on a strange, yet familiar voyage of self-discovery. As she travels, she encounters the beauty of humanity and eventually brings it back with her to share with the inhabitants of earth.
ZAIA presents a young girl's perception of the stars and planets, space and infinity, all populated by a panoply of fantastic, literally out-of-this-world creatures. The title, ZAIA, comes from a Greek name meaning "life" and is also reminiscent of "Gaia," the living, self-aware, spirit of earth.
ZAIA is a show that highlights dance, movement and aerial acrobatics, soaring to the farthest reaches of space and human beauty.
- Guy Laliberté, Artistic Guide
- Gilles Ste-Croix, Artistic Guide
- Neilson Vignola, Director of Creation
- Gilles Maheu, Writer and Director
- Guillaume Lord, Set and Props Designer and Theater Concept
- Dominique Lemieux, Costume Designer
- Violaine Corradi, Composer and Musical Director
- Martino Müller, Choreographer
- Jeff Hall, Acrobatic Choreographer
- Rob Bollinger, Acrobatic Performance Designer
- Guy Lemire, Acrobatic Equipment and Rigging Designer
- Axel Morgenthaler, Lighting Designer
- Jimmy Lakatos and Raymond Saint-Jean, Projections Designers
- Steven Dubuc, Sound Designer
- Nathalie Gagné, Makeup Designer
- Leonid Leykin, Clown acts Designer